Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe SonicverseSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does swearing make you look tough?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OmnipotenTrain
OmnipotenTrain

Does swearing make you look tough? Empty
PostSubject: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:52 am

See this before you go on: I am grateful that this forum allows swearing unlike the SEGA forums, it allows us to really express ourselves and I feel gives us more freedom than the SEGA forums.

Does swearing really make you look like the bigger man/woman? Whenever I see arguments on other websites (Mostly YouTube) that involve swearing, it usually ends up just being who can cram the most F-words and S-words into a comment. I don't mind words like crap, hell, or damn, but whenever I get into an argument with someone I try my best to stay away from the big cuss words. I feel like it helps me focus on the argument better rather than just cussing the other person out.

In fact, the only argument's iv'e lost on the internet are the ones where iv'e resorted to using cuss words... I just can't think right when I use them. The best way to take down a troll or jerk on the internet that iv'e found is to keep a clear mind and present facts, and if needed to, just ignore the person. If you get a nasty reply on a YouTube comment or something, I usually wait a while and think about what I'm about to say. They can wait. That's when I give my best and most logical answer, instead of just going all out, guns ablazing and cuss words spilling from my keyboard.

But that's just my opinion. How do you feel about swearing? And what tactics do you use against trolls and/or jerks?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/CobyFragoso
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:57 am

I normally don't use cuss words in an argument unless I have to THAT low. (DAMN!)

I usually use intelligence over idioticness. When I use fuck or shit, it's normally describing something.
Back to top Go down
https://thesonicverse.forumotion.com
OmnipotenTrain
OmnipotenTrain

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:01 am

Shadow The Hedgehog wrote:
When I use fuck or shit, it's normally describing something.
Yeyeyeyeah. That's how I mostly use those words too.
Back to top Go down
preez45
preez45
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:29 am

What the fuck guys?Fuck this fucking shit!Fucking swearing doesnt fucking make you fucking tough!Creating fucking topics about fucking swearings is so fucking pointless.Do you fucking get what im fucking saying?
Back to top Go down
OmnipotenTrain
OmnipotenTrain

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:39 am

preez45 wrote:
What the :D :D :D :D guys? :D :D :D :D this :D :D :D :D ing :D :D :D :D ! :D :D :D :D ing swearing doesnt :D :D :D :D ing make you :D :D :D :D ing tough!Creating :D :D :D :D ing topics about :D :D :D :D ing swearings is so :D :D :D :D ing pointless.Do you :D :D :D :D ing get what im :D :D :D :D ing saying?
You just got SEGA forumed.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:04 am

I've never said a bad word.

I see swear words like 'Fuck' to be a power word that just makes you look tough.
I was also raised not to swear, sure I'm independant and can make my own choices with my vocabulary but I'd rather it stay clean.

I only use bad words when just for example I had to give a police statement about what my dad said to me and just now when the situation is right.
Back to top Go down
preez45
preez45
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 9:59 am

Alice Twilight wrote:
I've never said a bad word.

I see swear words like 'Fuck' to be a power word that just makes you look tough.
I was also raised not to swear, sure I'm independant and can make my own choices with my vocabulary but I'd rather it stay clean.

I only use bad words when just for example I had to give a police statement about what my dad said to me and just now when the situation is right.
Using ''Fuck'' makes you a disrespective son of a bitch!!!All of you!!!

(me included)
Back to top Go down
teomares
teomares

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:19 am

No, swearing makes me look more stupid, because it means that I can no longer support my point of view with valid reasons, and I have to use other means...

It is, however, a great way to relieve stress.....
Back to top Go down
Wil348
Wil348

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:17 am

Since I'm British, I tend to use "bugger" and "sod" sometimes.
I generally tend to use "shit" if anything goes wrong, but I on't say it every 5 seconds like Mariotehplumber.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Wil348OnStorm?feature=guide
sewer56lol
sewer56lol
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:33 am

What's the point of this thread?
It's going quite nowhere.

Back to top Go down
http://planetsonictest.forumotion.co.uk/
teomares
teomares

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:04 am

sewer56lol wrote:
What's the point of this thread?
It's going quite nowhere.

ib4lock?
Back to top Go down
Green Wings
Green Wings

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 4:36 pm

No, it makes you look like an eight year old trying to sound older while playing Call of Duty.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does swearing make you look tough?   Does swearing make you look tough? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does swearing make you look tough?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1