Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe SonicverseSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why I hate Sola.Sonica.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
miru
miru

Why I hate Sola.Sonica. Empty
PostSubject: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:09 pm

Sola Sonica is a bad thing because it kills replay value. It also kills story potential. Sola Sonica games sell less than non-Sola Sonica games. They really do. Colors and Generationssold worse than Unleashed, which had multiple, but low quality and jarring playable characters. Game Informer and other critics like more characters (when implemented well) over Sola Sonica.
Back to top Go down
Theonewhotriggeredchaos
Theonewhotriggeredchaos

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Sola sonic sucks because we havent been able to play as the others since 2006. The last time we got to play as them when they didnt totally suck was 2003.
Back to top Go down
miru
miru

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Theonewhotriggeredchaos wrote:
Sola sonic sucks because we havent been able to play as the others since 2006. The last time we got to play as them when they didnt totally suck was 2003.

What about Advance, Rush, Rivals, and CD HD?
Back to top Go down
Law
Law
Accused Cheater
Accused Cheater

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Solo Sonica sucks that is all.
Back to top Go down
preez45
preez45
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:06 pm

AshurSeku wrote:
Solo Sonica sucks that is all.

Simple and a solid answer...You stole my comment...
Back to top Go down
miru
miru

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 am

The removal of Sola Sonica will increase game sales. Or is it too late?
Back to top Go down
Green Wings
Green Wings

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:17 pm

miru wrote:
Sola Sonica is a bad thing because it kills replay value.

Last time I checked (that would be last night), Unleashed is "Sola Sonica" and has a ton of reply value.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Green Wings wrote:
miru wrote:

Last time I checked (that would be last night), Unleashed is "Sola Sonica" and has a ton of reply value.

While I agree with you there, we're talking about future games. Eventually it's going to get so repetitive that eventually everyone is going to throw their control down, and it will possibly become/if not the end of the Sonic Franchise.
Back to top Go down
https://thesonicverse.forumotion.com
Green Wings
Green Wings

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Shadow The Hedgehog wrote:
Green Wings wrote:
miru wrote:

While I agree with you there, we're talking about future games. Eventually it's going to get so repetitive that eventually everyone is going to throw their control down, and it will possibly become/if not the end of the Sonic Franchise.

All the "Sola Sonica" games have a gameplay twist to keep things fresh, plus if they do it right, the enviorments and story should help with that too.
Back to top Go down
miru
miru

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 11:00 pm

Green Wings wrote:
Green Wings wrote:
miru wrote:

All the "Sola Sonica" games have a gameplay twist to keep things fresh, plus if they do it right, the enviorments and story should help with that too.

Well, many of these gameplay twists just did.not work right and felt.gimmicky.
Back to top Go down
Green Wings
Green Wings

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:14 am

miru wrote:
Green Wings wrote:
Green Wings wrote:
miru wrote:

Then use different ones.
Back to top Go down
miru
miru

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Green Wings wrote:
miru wrote:
Green Wings wrote:
Green Wings wrote:
miru wrote:

Then use different ones.

Why not bring the other characters back?
Back to top Go down
Green Wings
Green Wings

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:31 pm

miru wrote:

Why bring the other characters back? Why not focus their attention on Sonic?
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Green Wings wrote:
miru wrote:

Maybe because they've been doing it for to long. Players have been asking for other playable characters since Unleashed. Black Knight was the last time we saw this, we're tired of gimmicks and want to see them do something serious with it.

It's been proven that game review companies like it better when there's more variety to the games than the same thing over and over. Even if they were to make the other characters just skins over Sonic's Model, I think that a lot more people would enjoy it.

Why do you think Spider Man games sell so well, there unique with each concept and have the ability to unlock new costumes, which allow the players feel more like themselves.
Back to top Go down
Green Wings
Green Wings

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Green Wings wrote:
miru wrote:

Maybe because they've been doing it for to long. Players have been asking for other playable characters since Unleashed. Black Knight was the last time we saw this, we're tired of gimmicks and want to see them do something serious with it.

It's been proven that game review companies like it better when there's more variety to the games than the same thing over and over. Even if they were to make the other characters just skins over Sonic's Model, I think that a lot more people would enjoy it.

Why do you think Spider Man games sell so well, there unique with each concept and have the ability to unlock new costumes, which allow the players feel more like themselves.

Again, you don't need more characters to add variety.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:51 pm

Green Wings wrote:

Again, this is true, however, most players and by most I mean about two thirds of the Sonic fan base, likes it better when there are more characters being involved. They give depth of the story, and they give background plots. Which can either be a huge success or a total dive bomb if to many characters are given background information.

PS. I think I have figured who you are on the SEGA forums.
Back to top Go down
Green Wings
Green Wings

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Green Wings wrote:

Again, this is true, however, most players and by most I mean about two thirds of the Sonic fan base, likes it better when there are more characters being involved. They give depth of the story, and they give background plots. Which can either be a huge success or a total dive bomb if to many characters are given background information.

I'd ask where you're getting your numbers from, but I really don't care anymore.

Quote :
PS. I think I have figured who you are on the SEGA forums.

I thought I made it fairly obvious.
Back to top Go down
sewer56lol
sewer56lol
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:43 am

I think for example Sonic Adventure would be boring if it only had Sonic playable

Last edited by sewer56lol on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://planetsonictest.forumotion.co.uk/
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 10:53 am

Is it not ironic how the games which have more playables are considered the most mediocre or just plain bad?
Back to top Go down
sewer56lol
sewer56lol
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 2:45 pm

Just out of question from where does the name Sola Sonica come from?
Back to top Go down
http://planetsonictest.forumotion.co.uk/
BlakJakXXI
BlakJakXXI

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 7:17 pm

sewer56lol wrote:
I think it's the phrase someone coined back in 2010 during the character countdown for S4E1. Can't remember who though.
Back to top Go down
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 5:21 am

BlakJakXXI wrote:
sewer56lol wrote:
I think it's the phrase someone coined back in 2010 during the character countdown for S4E1. Can't remember who though.

It was BaronGrackle...or was it SMS skull leader?
Not exactly sure...

Back to top Go down
miru
miru

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 11:00 am

Hyper Sonic wrote:
BlakJakXXI wrote:
sewer56lol wrote:

It was BaronGrackle...or was it SMS skull leader?
Not exactly sure...

Baron Grackle and E-25 did.
Back to top Go down

Waterwraith

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 11:03 am

So, am I the only one who thinks Sola Sonica should stick around?
Back to top Go down
miru
miru

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Waterwraith wrote:
So, am I the only one who thinks Sola Sonica should stick around?

Didn't you want Tails back?
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I hate Sola.Sonica.   Why I hate Sola.Sonica. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why I hate Sola.Sonica.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next