Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe SonicverseSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OmnipotenTrain
OmnipotenTrain

Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? Empty
PostSubject: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:37 am

I'm not going to lie, Nintendo makes some quality games. They have made very few screw-ups with their main titles, and the Stories are usually awesome.

If a Sonic game WAS made by Nintendo, I doubt it would play like a Mario game just because it was made by them. I don't know why so many people say that...

Basically, I believe they have what it takes to make the perfect Sonic game.
They've put awesome gameplay, programming,repayability, and story in their games; So I don't see why a Sonic game made by them would be any different.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/CobyFragoso

Waterwraith

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:24 am

Nintendo would make the ultimate Sonic game.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:32 am

Waterwraith wrote:

Not the ultimate, that's something Valve would do. But we would have a better story, and playable characters.
Back to top Go down
https://thesonicverse.forumotion.com
OmnipotenTrain
OmnipotenTrain

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:36 am

Shadow The Hedgehog wrote:
Waterwraith wrote:

Not the ultimate, that's something Valve would do. But we would have a better story, and playable characters.
Yeah Valve rocks too. Half-Life 2 and it's episodes had good platforming elements, but they were more puzzle-based, which really isn't Sonic. It could work for Silver though.

Has Valve made a game that's Sonic or Mario-esk? I can't think of any off the top of my head...
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/CobyFragoso

Waterwraith

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:48 am

Valve isn't cut out for Sonic. Their games are way too puzzle based.

Nintendo can make an excellent platformer though. Get the Zelda writers on the story and bam.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:59 am

Waterwraith wrote:

Nintendo can make an excellent platformer though. Get the Zelda writers on the story and bam.

TF2? Counter Strike? Left 4 Dead (2)? While they are all shooters, Valve can make any type of game perfect.
Back to top Go down
https://thesonicverse.forumotion.com

Waterwraith

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 2:05 am

Nintendo is just a better fit. Don't get me wrong, after playing Portal 2 I think Valve is awesome, but nintendo is just a better fit. The Zelda team could make a simple but effective story that incorporates all the characters and gives them a part. The Mario team could put together an amazingly creative platformer.

Wait, what if Valve and Nintendo teamed up? THAT would be the ultimate Sonic game.
Back to top Go down
sewer56lol
sewer56lol
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:33 pm

Waterwraith wrote:

TF2? Counter Strike? Left 4 Dead (2)? While they are all shooters, Valve can make any type of game perfect.

What about Team17 they can make good games, I actually Think it would've been better if they made Sonic 4 because they are really good at creating 2d Games.

(Not necessarily pointing out the worms series.
Back to top Go down
http://planetsonictest.forumotion.co.uk/
Wil348
Wil348

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:13 pm

I agree Valve would be better. Why? They won't make it exclusive to one system.
Even if it were Steam exclusive, at least you can get Steam on all PC's for free.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Wil348OnStorm?feature=guide

Waterwraith

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 7:43 pm

Valve does not know how to make a decent platformer.
Back to top Go down
Wil348
Wil348

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Waterwraith wrote:

Nintendo doesn't know how to make an orginal console, that doesn't cost half a grand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Wil348OnStorm?feature=guide
sewer56lol
sewer56lol
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:18 pm

Wil348 wrote:
Waterwraith wrote:

Nintendo doesn't know how to make an orginal console, that doesn't cost half a grand.

Nintendo is the Cause of Sony's Playstation series.

Originally Nintendo and Sony were going to make a disc operated system but Nintendo broke the Contract and replaced Sony for Philips in assistant and then to beat Nintendo Sony arose 'Project Playstation'
Back to top Go down
preez45
preez45
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 7:38 am

Waterwraith wrote:

Valve's games are usually story based games.Not the mention those are serious stories.I dont think Valve would fit for sonic series.

BTW even if Nintendo takes charge,Sonic team would still remain the same,with a bigger paycheck perhaps...Of course more money allways means better quality.
Back to top Go down
sewer56lol
sewer56lol
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 8:00 am

preez45 wrote:
Waterwraith wrote:

Valve's games are usually story based games.Not the mention those are serious stories.I dont think Valve would fit for sonic series.

BTW even if Nintendo takes charge,Sonic team would still remain the same,with a bigger paycheck perhaps...Of course more money allways means better quality.

Well SEGA itself isn't doing as well as they used to in recent years.
Back to top Go down
BlakJakXXI
BlakJakXXI

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

I wouldn't mind seeing a Sonic game made by Nintendo. I believe they could make a decent story, and make multiple playable characters work. Since they have the money and have still made quality games, I think they could pull it off.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?   Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would it really be that bad if Nintendo made a Sonic game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1