Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe SonicverseSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wil348
Wil348

RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works Empty
PostSubject: RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works   RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 pm

Quote :

2013 • Propel Sonic the Hedgehog has been started at the beginning of • 360, PS3 is a working title, the version of the Wii U, the following: • that is being developed by Sonic Colors segment • Sonic Team to start later model of • Sonic inspired slightly shorter repetition of classical and modern now an art director realistic, the Propel more success • The re-released Sonic CD digital, with no indication of being developed for the machine Sony and Microsoft, the harder movement and slow to between the body a rounded spine, limbs and fine, change its contents, and distribution more accurately tweak more than • shorter, modified frequently • Use mechanical generation hedgehog engine that has been, Plot • Eggman minimum • running with motion blur lights and better we • try Death Egg to restart • deploy each with the design and features Sonics special metal 5, unique significantly reduced dialogue, cut scenes • more action-based Eggman says more than the other characters. • • Tails that acts as a power-up option similar to the trail you can "assist" the letter hidden in • Stage focused on the exploration stage, open the path to the secret as Sonic 4, ability fly character will proceed at the level of branch styles • Shadow the Hedgehog Assist function, rather than the root access by multiple Hoop level, structure level 3 • objective law. Your goal ring which has reached, we determine whether to initiate a position in the following method. Hoop which is in the next stage, the first stage • Acts challenge hidden • 3 per stage reached in the progression of the story and cut scenes of varying 3-Determination Act has changed the boss stage occurred slightly After Emerald needs and has been collected plays multiple take a different route to collect Chaos Emeralds "Evergreen Escapade" • options, all of them, the final battle • Super Sonic • secret at all stages Emerald all have been collected, 3DS version • You can disable difficulty modes • Easy, Medium, Hard, or warnings bubble tips edition 3DS • being developed by Dimps, the graphics engine, completely new Alternate assist character Tails But in both versions of the story with a different version of the 3DS 3DS • • shift to the segment of the 3D version, which is controlled 2D, a touch pad on 3DS • main version you are using.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/162uyp/sonic_the_hedgehog_2013/

Sound's interesting....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Wil348OnStorm?feature=guide
hedgy
hedgy
Affiliate
Affiliate

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works   RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 pm

I was quite interested reading the thing, also suprised a game for 2013 gets announced so early.

But this comment tells it's not real:
Quote :
I’ve got some explaining to do….
Yo, everyone! I’m 33002, aka the originator of the Sonic Propel rumor. Just to clear things up, no, it is not real, and no, I am not really Japanese. I’m just a dork who is a regular on the Sonic Retro forums that decided to give the ol’ rumor mill a try.
I had NO idea this would get so huge, I was hoping it might just spur some discussion on a forum or two. My bad.
The reason I chose to post it as Japanese was because when people try to translate it back to English, Google translate butchers it beyond belief and makes it almost impossible to verify. Unless you speak Japanese, at which point, I’m sure GT did the exact same thing to the Japanese Language Razz
Yeah, it’s a troll. BUT. It was a troll with a purpose. A “social experiment,” if you will.
…Yeah, I’m a huge douche.
The purpose of doing this was three-fold:
Because I was bored and decided to see how far it would go Razz
To gauge how popular my tastes in Sonic style is with other Sonic fans
To prove a theory I have about the Sonic fanbase.
Specifically, number 3 was a big one. I wanted to prove that, despite the claims to the contrary, the Sonic fanbase (at least those who enjoy Sonic games and look at things from a critical standopoint) is not as disjointed and “broken” as some may claim.
I used this troll as a barometer to determine what elements of the Sonic games fans can almost unanimously agree on… and the amount of those elements surprised me greatly; a metric butt-ton of the fans who responded to the rumor on the various fansites were, for the vast majority, responded very positively to many of the elements included.
Which really goes to show, the Sonic fanbase is a much better one than most give it credit for. Yes, everyone has varying opinions on many of the elements, but for the most part, you’d be surprised about how consistent a lot of the answers are. The biggest point of contention I noticed was the altering of the model, which I blame mostly on a terrible butchering of the intended message from Google Translate, and the minimalistic plot, which some loved, some hated.
Now to address some oddities:
The reason I deleted my original post is because I have almost no experience with Reddit, and I wanted alter my original post. I named the entry “Sonic Propel,” but after doing that and seeing little movement as far as comments, I decided to try deleting it and re-uploading it under “Sonic the Hedgehog 2013” because that would get a lot more search results than a title that is entirely new that no-one would be looking for. Ironically, the original was the one to pick up steam. I kinda kicked myself over that.
As stated previously, Google utterly destroyed the majority of the original meaning, and actually straight up said the OPPOSITE of what the initial meaning was. For instance, where it said the game’s art style was going to be REALISTIC, it was supposed to say SURREAL… like, the exact opposite of realistic. This also includes the Shadow the Hedgehog-esque level progression, which became much more confusing.
Why am I going into so much detail when most people will stop reading after “it’s fake?” No idea, I must just be delusional. Herpyderpderp.
So, I’m going to go ahead and post what the original thing was supposed to say before translating it so my full meaning is understood. In order to prove that I really AM the originator, go ahead and throw this into Google Translate, and it should be an exact match to the initial Japanese post.
And I’m sorry for getting people’s hopes up, and yes, I am a huge douchebag for this. Sad For that reason, I’m not giving away my online identity for fear of being utterly torn to shreds Razz but these were my personal hopes for a future Sonic game, and I was hoping that others shared my tastes, so I decided to gauge that on a massive scale the only way I knew how… and as it turns out a lot of you did! Which is cool.
Anyway, sorry again, everyone, and I hope this at least spurred some good discussion!
ORIGINAL MEANINGS:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2013
•Propel is the working title
•Will launch on 360, PS3 first, Wii U version will launch later
•Being developed by the Sonic Colors segment of Sonic Team
•No indication of being developed for next Microsoft and Sony consoles
•Success of Sonic CD digital re-release inspired the art direction of Propel, more surreal
•Sonic’s model altered, now between Classic and Modern iterations slightly shorter and stiffer spines, narrow limbs and rounded body, and shorter
•Uses Generations mechanics, with low-speed movements more fine-tuned for more accurate platforming
•Running on heavily-modified Hedgehog Engine, better lighting and motion blur
•Minimalistic plot
•Eggman deploys 5 special Metal Sonics, each with unique design and ability
•Attempting to re-launch Death Egg
•Dialogue greatly reduced, more action-based cutscenes
•Eggman speaks more than any other character.
•Emphasis on stage exploration
•”Assist” characters hidden in stages, act as optional power-ups similar to Wisps that can open secret paths
•Tails assist character’s fly ability functions like Sonic 4
•Shadow the Hedgehog-style branching level progression, but level routes accessed by multiple goal rings, rather than objectives
•3-Act level structure. Which goal ring you reach determines start location in next Act. Which goal ring is reached in Act 3 determines next stage, alters cutscenes and story progression and slightly alters resulting boss stage
•3 unlockable Challenge Acts per stage
•First stage “Evergreen Escapade”
•Optional Chaos Emeralds, requires multiple plays taking different routes to collect them all
•Super Sonic in all stages after Emeralds are collected
•Secret final battle once all Emeralds are collected
•Easy, Medium and Hard difficulty modes, hint bubbles and warnings can be disabled
•3DS version being developed by Dimps
•3DS version uses entirely new graphics engine
•3DS version primarily 2D, shifting to 3D segments controlled by touch pad
•3DS version different story development
•3DS version alternate assist characters, though Tails in both versions
Back to top Go down
Wil348
Wil348

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works   RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:51 pm

F***ck...

Admin edit : Sewer
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Wil348OnStorm?feature=guide
teomares
teomares

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works   RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:11 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
sewer56lol
sewer56lol
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works   RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 7:15 pm

Thread locked.
Back to top Go down
http://planetsonictest.forumotion.co.uk/

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works   RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RUMOR: "Sonic Propel" in the works

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1