Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe SonicverseSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:47 am

Hyper Sonic wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:

I accidentally cleared my cookies and got the login problem, I was able to get back on via a proxy server however so if anyone else cannot login try logging in via a proxy and it should work, this workaround will have to do I suppose but... just a warning though, of course if you're using a proxy this means your account can be hacked by the proxy owner, after all the proxy IS the man in the middle when you use it.

It's worth a try.

Uh no...I'd rather have my account go un hacked, so I'm avoiding those odds...

PS Tell Tails to get his ass over to where ever the domain of those forums are and have him fix it.
Back to top Go down
https://thesonicverse.forumotion.com
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:48 am

I'd rather wait for the site to sort itself out, we shouldn't need to have work arounds.
Gosh SEGA forums sort yourselves out already.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:51 am

Alice Twilight wrote:

Gosh SEGA forums sort yourselves out already.

This is SEGA we're talking about here. T.T
Back to top Go down
DaGamer14
DaGamer14
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:49 am

Shadow The Hedgehog wrote:
DaGamer14 wrote:

Yep...that stupid 15 minute message.

I'm going to refer to this as the '15 minutes of death message' from now on...

Oh great add another to the lists of 'death'

Back to top Go down
http://dagamer14.deviantart.com/
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:50 am

Miles Prower wrote:

Okay, so I managed to login on my browser and am no longer using the proxy, if you have good knowledge of cookies you can do this too. You need the Cookies Manager add-on for Firefox if you want to do this, since this requires copying, and modifying cookie data. This will take about a few minutes if you know what you're doing and around 10 minutes otherwise.

Go to http://www.airproxy.ca (you can use a different proxy, but the cookie data may be different there so this tutorial might not work), then go to forums.sega.com over the proxy and sign in with remember me checked, once you have signed in you'll have the cookies under the airproxy.ca domain. Open up cookies manager (Tools->Cookie Manager), and you'll want to check every cookie you have from that domain for "%" signs (in both the name and the value data), if you see one, delete it and EXACTLY 4 characters in front of it (example remove "%a123" from "cookie_%a123name%a123" resulting in "cookie_name"), be careful in this step to make sure you do not mess up. Now do the same except delete every "COOKIE" you come across in the name of each cookie, (example remove "COOKIE" from "COOKIEcookie_name" resulting in "cookie_name"), once you've done that you're nearly done. Now you just have to change the domain parameter of each cookie from .airproxy.ca to forums.sega.com, do that for every cookie that starts with "bb". If you followed all the steps correctly, go to forums.sega.com WITHOUT the proxy, just normally and you will appear logged in! If you're not logged in you made a mistake earlier. Now remember you entered your details through that proxy earlier, so you may want to change your password just for precaution. A careful note though, the cookies expire at end of session which means when you close your browser they dissappear, to change this, just modify the date value of the cookies and set them to 2013 or something like that.

Back to top Go down
DaGamer14
DaGamer14
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:08 am

Hyper Sonic wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:

Okay, so I managed to login on my browser and am no longer using the proxy, if you have good knowledge of cookies you can do this too. You need the Cookies Manager add-on for Firefox if you want to do this, since this requires copying, and modifying cookie data. This will take about a few minutes if you know what you're doing and around 10 minutes otherwise.

Go to http://www.airproxy.ca (you can use a different proxy, but the cookie data may be different there so this tutorial might not work), then go to forums.sega.com over the proxy and sign in with remember me checked, once you have signed in you'll have the cookies under the airproxy.ca domain. Open up cookies manager (Tools->Cookie Manager), and you'll want to check every cookie you have from that domain for "%" signs (in both the name and the value data), if you see one, delete it and EXACTLY 4 characters in front of it (example remove "%a123" from "cookie_%a123name%a123" resulting in "cookie_name"), be careful in this step to make sure you do not mess up. Now do the same except delete every "COOKIE" you come across in the name of each cookie, (example remove "COOKIE" from "COOKIEcookie_name" resulting in "cookie_name"), once you've done that you're nearly done. Now you just have to change the domain parameter of each cookie from .airproxy.ca to forums.sega.com, do that for every cookie that starts with "bb". If you followed all the steps correctly, go to forums.sega.com WITHOUT the proxy, just normally and you will appear logged in! If you're not logged in you made a mistake earlier. Now remember you entered your details through that proxy earlier, so you may want to change your password just for precaution. A careful note though, the cookies expire at end of session which means when you close your browser they dissappear, to change this, just modify the date value of the cookies and set them to 2013 or something like that.

I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
shadowslasher11X
shadowslasher11X
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 am

DaGamer14 wrote:
Hyper Sonic wrote:
Miles Prower wrote:

I don't get it.

I just tried it and I'm still getting shit...
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:10 am

If you know someone who can still log in, please tell them to make a thread about over at SEGA forums so the mods can be notified, they're not aware of the situation it seems.
Back to top Go down
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:14 am

Alice Twilight wrote:
If you know someone who can still log in, please tell them to make a thread about over at SEGA forums so the mods can be notified, they're not aware of the situation it seems.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?418829-Forum-Login-Problems-7-25-2012
Back to top Go down
DaGamer14
DaGamer14
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:31 am

Hyper Sonic wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?418829-Forum-Login-Problems-7-25-2012

How is that supposed to help if we can't log in?
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 5:38 am

It's not supposed to, i'm just glad the mods are aware of the situation.
Can't you tell by how happy I am.

Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 ZcUMM
Back to top Go down
DaGamer14
DaGamer14
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:07 pm

THE FORUMS ARE BACK UP...I REPEAT...THE FORUMS ARE BACK UP!

Reset your passwords though...

also it's having a bunch of 503 errors so bear with it
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 6:36 pm

I'm able to sign in, that's a start. Now to fix all the 503 codes...
Back to top Go down

the 120

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:27 pm

I can't log in and im using a phone, help?
Back to top Go down
DaGamer14
DaGamer14
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 pm

the 120 wrote:

Did you reset your password recently?
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:25 am

And I'm so used to this place now.
Back to top Go down

the 120

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 7:43 am

DaGamer14 wrote:
the 120 wrote:

nope. I can't even get to the forum, 503 error.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 am

the 120 wrote:
DaGamer14 wrote:
the 120 wrote:

nope. I can't even get to the forum, 503 error.

Ya the forums are gonna be having errors here, just keep trying to get on and they might go away for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 4:35 am

The errors are pretty intense.
Back to top Go down
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm having some problems again...

Back to top Go down
OmnipotenTrain
OmnipotenTrain

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:18 am

Hyper Sonic wrote:
I'm having some problems again...

It's working fine for me, there's just not much going on.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/CobyFragoso
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:53 am

The forums keep cock blocking me.
It says I successfully logged in, and redirects me.
Then, I'm logged out again.

WTF.
Back to top Go down
DaGamer14
DaGamer14
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:44 pm

Hyper Sonic wrote:
The forums keep cock blocking me.
It says I successfully logged in, and redirects me.
Then, I'm logged out again.

WTF.

Same thing here...

It's not fixed at all..

I'm logged in but actually I'm logged out Mad
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Well I'm still in Razz
Back to top Go down
OmnipotenTrain
OmnipotenTrain

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Well gosh dang it, now I'm having issues. I log in on my iPhone, it says "Think you for logging on OmnipotenTrain", then it logs me back out immediately.
elephant
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/CobyFragoso

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?   Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone else having trouble logging onto SEGA's forums?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next