Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeThe SonicverseSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The SEGA forums disscussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:09 am

Hyper Sonic wrote:
I hope it's not something like that idea for a Sonic game you spent a whole month thinking of.

Since it's something you've been working for 9 months, I'm going to take a guess and say you've developed some sort of indie game.

Okay, I'm not an indie developer. I don't want to make art or pretend I'm making art with my lame excuses saying "The graphics are bad 'cause old games used to be like this" I don't want to make Minecraft or Fez so no!

But no, you will be dissapointed though 'cause it looks like 9months wasn't put into it. But I assure you it went through hell.

You're in it btw.

And how rude of you... I liked my idea.
Back to top Go down
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:46 am

Alice Twilight wrote:

You're in it btw.

That's nice. I guess other members are in it too then.

Now I'm excited, can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:50 am

Hyper Sonic wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:

You're in it btw.

That's nice. I guess other members are in it too then.

Now I'm excited, can't wait.

Quite alot actually, more like every member I know or have seen we're looking at roughly around 100-120 people showing up in my little project.
Back to top Go down
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:56 am

Wait, you said you started working on it 2 months before you joined.

So it wasn't originally going to be about the forums?
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Hyper Sonic wrote:
Wait, you said you started working on it 2 months before you joined.

So it wasn't originally going to be about the forums?

I knew someone was going to pick up on that. and I'm glad you asked, however.
If I explained I'd ruin what it's going to be and it wont leave much of an impression.
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Lol the avatar problem has been around since early December and they're still telling people to be patient.
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 am

Alice Twilight wrote:
Lol the avatar problem has been around since early December and they're still telling people to be patient.

Trust me, they'll never fix it. It took them 2 weeks to fix the super laggy pages and 505 errors that one time. :/
Back to top Go down
https://thesonicverse.forumotion.com
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 4:00 am

Shadow The Hedgehog wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:

Trust me, they'll never fix it. It took them 2 weeks to fix the super laggy pages and 505 errors that one time. :/

Heliumbunny told me that there's a problem with the VM's that they haven't fixed. It sounds like it's been around for a long time. Way before our time on the forums.

It was that you can post videos like using the [video][/video] thing to view it on the forum
and using colored text.

B-But be paitent! we're gonna fix it honest!!
Back to top Go down
OmnipotenTrain
OmnipotenTrain

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:22 am

Tried to change my avatar today. I got a screen that said that I needed to edit it down to 100 X 100 pixels myself. WELP I did that, and it still didn't work.
Angered
I almost wish I had no avatar than still have the Christmas themed one. I mean, Christmas is a rockin' holiday, but I'm tired of it.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/CobyFragoso
teomares
teomares

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 7:42 am

OmnipotenTrain wrote:
Tried to change my avatar today. I got a screen that said that I needed to edit it down to 100 X 100 pixels myself. WELP I did that, and it still didn't work.
Angered
I almost wish I had no avatar than still have the Christmas themed one. I mean, Christmas is a rockin' holiday, but I'm tired of it.

Yea, well, I heard there has been a problem with changing avatars lately. Fortunately, I got to put on my Christmas avatar before this whole thing started ^^.
Anyway, you should wait until this gets fixed before you try to change it again. Also, I've been having problems with changing the signature image. It always chooses the wrong image from my computer and sometimes it doesn't even display it. Still don't know if it's only me...
Back to top Go down
Wil348
Wil348

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:18 am

The staff over there need to get off their asses and do something for a change.
I've never seen such a glitchy site in all of my life...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Wil348OnStorm?feature=guide
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:47 am

Wil348 wrote:
The staff over there need to get off their asses and do something for a change.
I've never seen such a glitchy site in all of my life...

Admin: But we're working on it! be paitent! We're gonna fix it, we promise!!

How many times has he said that? 2-3?
He says there's other things that need fixing but the last time he said that there were still random 503 errors.
Back to top Go down
teomares
teomares

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 10:23 am

In the end, who cares about the avatars? It's not like there is one of the most common ways to recognize a specific person, is it?...
Back to top Go down
Law
Law
Accused Cheater
Accused Cheater

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:13 am

Not really
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:24 am

teomares wrote:
In the end, who cares about the avatars? It's not like there is one of the most common ways to recognize a specific person, is it?...

Me and Wil it looks like.
Back to top Go down
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:01 pm

teomares wrote:

It is, actually.
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:20 pm

I think I might be -Honey Cat-
Back to top Go down
teomares
teomares

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Hyper Sonic wrote:
teomares wrote:

It is, actually.

I was being sarcastic....XD
Back to top Go down
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 4:40 pm

I was doing some research, and found something that might be of interest.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?20353-U-MIGHT-BE-A-MODERATOR-NEXT-WEEK-IF-ALL-U-BEHAVE!&p=390158#post390158

Turns out there was a time where the Admins would go on vacation and give a chance for chosen regular members to moderate the forums while they're gone.

Cool, right?
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Shadow The Hedgehog
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:43 pm

Hyper Sonic wrote:
I was doing some research, and found something that might be of interest.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?20353-U-MIGHT-BE-A-MODERATOR-NEXT-WEEK-IF-ALL-U-BEHAVE!&p=390158#post390158

Turns out there was a time where the Admins would go on vacation and give a chance for chosen regular members to moderate the forums while they're gone.

Cool, right?

*Becomes moderator* *Bans cochrane*

Win.
Back to top Go down
https://thesonicverse.forumotion.com
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:40 am

Shadow The Hedgehog wrote:
*Becomes moderator* *Bans cochrane*

Win.

lol.

Interestingly, I found that thread while looking over some of cochrane's early posts. Turns out, he was a mod from the start, whereas other mods where just regular members who got upgraded due to good behaviour and all.

So anyway, cochrane used to take part in casual conversations in the lounge, but all he's been posting outside the lounge is locking threads in the Sonic section since 2004.

So, considering that he has over 23,000 posts now, by estimate, cochrane has at least locked 15,000 threads since 2004.
Back to top Go down
Alice Twilight
Alice Twilight

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:25 am

Cochrane's the name locking's my game.

SEGA forums is now having a massive spam bot problem among the 'other' problems. I know I'm pointing out the obvious but like it shows they care because all the forums have proper security to keep this stuff out.

Even if it's breached it gets resolved.
What is that Clumsyorchid man doing?
Back to top Go down
teomares
teomares

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 am

Some guy just said tha avatar and signature issues will not be fixed until after New Year...
I kinda figured out what that site lacks. It's the dedication and commitment to do something great for the community...
Back to top Go down
sewer56lol
sewer56lol
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 8:56 am

Worked for me lol for some reasons but then after that it didn't.
Any yes Cochrane was the earliest (first) mod in history of Sega forums.
Back to top Go down
http://planetsonictest.forumotion.co.uk/
Hyper Sonic
Hyper Sonic

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 11:23 am

sewer56lol wrote:

Any yes Cochrane was the earliest (first) mod in history of Sega forums.

He'll be a legend one day.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The SEGA forums disscussion thread   The SEGA forums disscussion thread - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The SEGA forums disscussion thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next